Tuesday, January 31, 2006

This better be easier than bloglines.

Because that was just confusing. Anyway, I'm copying the 'what I'm working on' post from over there because I'm lazy.

(Lots of) pictures and stories!

First, I have a friend, Vee, who is getting married in September. On my birthday, to be exact. I mentioned wanting to knit myself one of Elann's Flickering Flames Skirts, and she said she wanted one! Then somehow that evolved into her wearing it to the wedding, and wanting a top to go with it. So I'm knitting her wedding outfit.

The aforementioned skirt:

With the Luna specified in the pattern, but in three colours rather than one. I decided to do the colour switches at each tier change-- unfortunately, I planned to do the bottom tier in Fresh Cream, and Elann's run out. !! That will teach me to procrastinate on yarn buying. I'm hoping they'll restock, and if not, GGH Mystik looks similar enough in content and weight, I think, that I can manage. Even if it is at least two times more expensive.

The top is Rose:

Please ignore my horribly coloured carpet. This is also in Luna, since I had some handy and I thought it'd be good if the yarn for the whole outfit matched. I've planned a lot of modifications for this-- I already lengthened the body and did three-needle bind off on the shoulders rather than simply binding off and sewing them together, and I'm changing the sleeves from simple short sleeves to long, flowy belled sleeves, with lace up to the elbow. This will take some fiddling. Have I mentioned that this is the first top that I've done? I like to get in over my head.

Pomatomus:

Told you I just cast on. The yarn is Regia Cotton Colour, which my mom picked out because I've been promising her socks for a while. I think these'll be her birthday present.

Jaywalkers:

I love this pattern. I abhor the yarn. It's Brown Sheep Wildefoote, in Rhapsody, which I bought against my better judgement because it was on sale and the colours were pretty. They don't look like that in RL, by the way, in fact this whole picture is horrible. But I can't fit my foot into the lightbox. Anyway, the problem with the yarn is that it's not cushy at all-- it feels very stringy and rough against my hands. I'm not sure if it will bloom when I block them, or what, but it's so annoying to work with that I only knit a couple of rounds a week.

And just for kicks (heh heh! get it?) my first pair of socks:

Based loosely on Pom Squad, made with Elann's Fixation knockoff. They're comfy.


I've gotten a lot farther on my Pomatomus, but, in true me fashion, have worked on nothing else since starting them. Someday I will stop procrastinating on projects with... other projects.

Also, Sockapoloooza assignments go out tomorrow! I'm excited. I signed myself up against my better judgement and the begging of my bank account. Ah, well, that's one more thing to procrastinate with.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

In defense of Wilde Foote, I made my first socks out of it about 12 years ago and they just started getting actual holes in the last 6 months. They wore thin on the soles and at the toes, but did not actually get holes in all those years. And, yes, I wore them fairly regularly. So, if you can force yourself to tough it out, those socks should last a long while.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Brittany said...

Ooh I'm on the last tier of my Flickering Flames skirt. It's testing my patience! lol

640 sts/row. Yeesh!

Not that I haven't done shawls with such large row counts but still...

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home